The central authorities on Saturday requested states and union territories to ensure that upcoming festivals are celebrated in a protected and cautious method with “utmost precautions” in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a letter to states and UTs, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan stated customary working procedures issued final month for curbing any spike in instances should be adopted. He stated essential instructions ought to be issued adequately prematurely by state governments involved for practising warning through the festivities.
Here are the rules said within the letter.
- No mass gathering ought to be allowed in areas recognized as containment zones and in districts reporting greater than 5 per cent COVID-19 take a look at affirmation charges.
- Gatherings which are allowed with advance permission and a restricted variety of individuals (as per native context) ought to be carefully monitored.
- In case of violations of COVID-appropriate conduct, essential enforcement and penal actions ought to be taken.
- There ought to be strict adherence to limits on public gatherings considering availability of area to ensure efficient bodily distancing.
- States/UTs are additional requested to ensure that non-adherence to COVID Appropriate conduct in public locations is dealt with strongly.
The Centre additionally requested states and UTs to discover and promote numerous modalities for on-line modes of celebrations, on-line buying and discourage pointless journey.
The Centre stated it’s essential that district well being authorities hold a strict watch over native trajectory of instances and institute well timed and rigorous interventions based mostly on the advisories issued by the well being ministry and Home ministry from time to time.
Inter-sectoral collaboration between well being departments, regulation enforcement businesses, market and commerce associations, civil society organizations, and group might be important to curb any threat of a spike in COVID-19 trajectory,” Bhushan stated within the letter.
(With PTI Inputs)
Also Read: Now Showing: Cinema halls, theatres reopen in Maharashtra | Check Guidelines
Latest India News