If you’re a State Bank of India (SBI) buyer and wish to stop the payment of an SBI cheque, then other than going to the department you can do the identical sitting at your own home. Yes, SBI gives a simple choice to do it online. You can do that both via online SBI. For this, your cellular quantity should be registered with the financial institution, because it sends the OTP to finish the request you can additionally make use of the SBI YONO or SBI YONO Lite app to stop the cheque payment.
Various causes for stop cheque payment
There are many causes for which you’ll must make a stop payment request for the cheques. For instance, in case you have issued a cheque for the mistaken quantity or in case you have cancelled the order after issuing the cheque, you could must stop the payment.
If you’re an SBI buyer, you can comply with these easy steps for making a stop payment of a cheque request immediately.
How to stop SBI cheque payment utilizing SBI Internet Banking?
- Log in to onlinesbi.com.
- Under the ‘e-Services’ part, click on on the ‘stop cheque payment’ possibility.
- Now, choose the account from which the cheque has been launched.
- After this, the portal asks you to offer the ‘begin cheque quantity’ and ‘finish cheque quantity’.
- The person is required to pick out the kind of cheque.
- The buyer is required to offer the explanation for stopping the cheque payment. The buyer can select from the obtainable choices below the ‘stop cause’ part.
- The fees for this service by SBI shall be seen on the display screen. These shall be deducted out of your account individually.
- Click on ‘submit’ and confirm the small print of your request. Click on ‘verify’.
- Once the request is raised efficiently, you will note a message in your display screen, together with the reference quantity and different essential particulars.
How to stop SBI cheque payment utilizing SBI Yono?
- Log in to SBI Yono Application utilizing credentials
- Click on ‘Requests’ then ‘Cheque Book’ after which ‘Stop Cheque’.
- Select the account quantity from the dropdown.
- Provide the beginning cheque quantity (necessary) and finish cheque quantity
- Select the instrument sort.
- Select the stop cause. This is necessary for the purchasers to offer.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Provide the OTP acquired in cellular and your requested cheque(s) shall be stopped.
How to stop SBI Cheque Payment by Visiting the Bank?
The payment for the particular cheque is stopped after sending a written request to the associated individual assigned. The course of contains sure fees for the account holder.
Meanwhile, SBI has rolled out the ‘constructive pay system’ for cheques. Under the brand new rule re-confirmation of key particulars shall be wanted for funds past ₹50,000. This new cheque payment rule got here into impact on 1 January 2021.
Never miss a narrative! Stay related and knowledgeable with Mint.
our App Now!!