Prime Minister Narendra Modi mentioned on Saturday that he had a “productive meeting” along with his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina throughout which they reviewed the complete vary of their strategic bilateral ties and mentioned methods to additional deepen the financial and cultural linkages. Modi, who visited Bangladesh on his first journey to a international nation because the COVID-19 outbreak, held in depth talks with Hasina. Both Prime Ministers held a tete-a-tete which was adopted by delegation-level talks.
PM Modi, Sheikh Hasina meeting in Bangladesh | Big factors
- “Both the talks have been marked by nice heat and cordiality. The two leaders expressed satisfaction on the wonderful state of bilateral relations, based mostly on deep historic and fraternal ties, which replicate an all-encompassing bilateral partnership based mostly on equality, belief and understanding that transcends even a strategic partnership,” in line with a Joint Statement issued after the meeting.
- “Had a productive meeting with PM Sheikh Hasina. We reviewed the complete vary of India-Bangladesh relations and mentioned methods to deepen financial and cultural linkages within the instances to return,” Modi tweeted.
- The two sides signed 5 MoUs protecting areas akin to connectivity, commerce, info expertise and sports activities.
- “India and Bangladesh signed MoUs in key sectors akin to catastrophe administration, sports activities and youth affairs, commerce, expertise and extra.
- These will add power to our growth partnership and profit the folks of our nations, particularly the youth,” Modi mentioned.
- “The go to symbolised the partnership of half-a-century between India and Bangladesh that has strengthened, matured and advanced as a mannequin for bilateral relations for your entire area,” in line with the Joint Statement.
- Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi mentioned that the 2 leaders mentioned the progress achieved in areas of well being, commerce, connectivity, power, developmental cooperation and others.
- “Recognising that terrorism stays a menace to international peace and safety, either side reiterated their robust dedication to eliminating terrorism in all its varieties and manifestations,” the Joint Statement mentioned.
ALSO READ | Congress chief Shashi Tharoor says ‘sorry’ for slamming Modi on Bangladesh speech
- Modi expressed India’s appreciation for the cooperation prolonged by Bangladesh in safety associated issues.
- He additionally reiterated India’s “honest and continued efforts” to conclude the Teesta water-sharing settlement in session with related stakeholders.
- “The two leaders directed their respective Ministries of Water Resources to work in the direction of an early conclusion of the Framework of Interim Agreement on sharing of waters of six widespread rivers, particularly, Manu, Muhuri, Khowai, Gumti, Dharla and Dudhkumar,” the joint assertion mentioned.
- The Indian aspect additionally requested for early finalisation of a draft for sharing of water of Feni River pending with the Bangladeshi aspect, Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla informed reporters.
- Both leaders emphasised the significance of efficient border administration for guaranteeing a tranquil, steady and crime free border, the assertion mentioned.
- Modi handed over a representational key of 109 ambulances to his counterpart Hasina. He additionally handed over a representational field as an emblem of India’s reward of 1.2 million COVID vaccine doses to Bangladesh.
ALSO READ | PM Modi doing vote advertising, Mamata Banerjee targets Prime Minister’s Bangladesh go to
- The two leaders additionally collectively inaugurated a number of initiatives just about, together with opening three new border haats on India-Bangladesh borders and inaugurating a brand new passenger practice ‘Mitali Express’ connecting Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri on the Indian aspect.
- This is the third passenger practice after Maitree Express (Dhaka-Kolkata) and Bandhan Express (Khulna-Kolkata) operating between the 2 nations.
- The different initiatives included: basis stone laying of a monument at Bangladesh’s Ashuganj in reminiscence of 1971 martyred Indian troopers; prolonged growth work at Rabindra Bhawan in Kuthibari and floor breaking for Infrastructure Development for Power Evacuation Facilities of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant.
- The MoUs signed have been on Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation; cooperation between Bangladesh National Cadet Corps and National Cadet Corps and institution of a Framework of Cooperation within the Area of Trade Remedial Measures.
- Modi and Hasina additionally launched India-Bangladesh Friendship stamps to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of multinational of diplomatic relations.
- Modi’s go to came about at a time Bangladesh is commemorating Mujib Borsho, the beginning centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and 50 years of the nation’s War of Liberation.
ALSO READ | PM Modi, Hasina collectively launch new passenger practice between India and Bangladesh
On Friday, Modi attended the celebrations of the golden jubilee of the nation’s independence and the beginning centenary of ‘Bangabandhu’ in Dhaka.
On Saturday, Modi supplied prayers on the Jeshoreshwari Kali temple in Ishwaripur village on Saturday and introduced that India would assemble a neighborhood hall-cum cyclone shelter hooked up to the temple. He visited the mausoleum of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and paid floral tributes to him.
Modi additionally supplied prayers at a Matua temple in Orakandi, the birthplace of Hindu mystic determine and Matua neighborhood’s religious guru Harichand Thakur.
Speaking to the Matua neighborhood members, he mentioned each India and Bangladesh need stability, love and peace as an alternative of instability, terror and unrest on this planet. Prime Minister Modi known as on Bangladesh President Md.Abdul Hamid.
PM Modi extends invitation to Hasina to go to India
Modi additionally prolonged an invite to Hasina to go to India in 2022. Modi thanked the folks of Bangladesh for his or her affection throughout his go to.
“I’m positive this go to will result in additional strengthening of bilateral ties between our nations,” the prime minister tweeted.
ALSO READ | PM Modi presents prayer at Matua temple in Bangladesh
Latest India News