Political developments continued to emerge from Maharashtra on Monday as allegations flew thick and quick within the Sachin Waze case. IPS officer Param Bir Singh moved the Supreme Court looking for course for a direct “unbiased, uninfluenced, neutral and truthful” CBI probe into alleged corrupt malpractices of Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. The matter shook the Parliament, inflicting an uproar over the corruption allegations within the Question Hour. Meanwhile, NCP chief Sharad Pawar continued to defend Deshmukh, and dismissed calls for for his resignation.
In his eight-page letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Singh on Saturday claimed Deshmukh wished cops to gather Rs 100 crore month-to-month from bars and motels. Singh had additionally alleged within the letter that Deshmukh had known as Mumbai police API Sachin Waze round mid-February on the ministers official residence and instructed him to gather Rs 100 crore a month.
READ MORE: Maharashtra situation: BJP raises corruption cost in Parliament, seeks Anil Deshmukh’s sacking
- In his plea to the highest court, Param Bir Singh sought quashing of the order transferring him from the publish of Mumbai CP alleging it to be arbitrary and unlawful.
- Seeking an interim aid, Singh sought keep of the operation of his switch order and course to the state authorities, the Centre and the CBI to instantly absorb its custody the CCTV footage from the residence of Deshmukh.
- Meanwhile, NCP President Sharad Pawar defended Anil Deshmukh. hE stated Singh’s corruption allegations towards Deshmukh pertain to a interval when he was hospitalised and therefore the query of his resignation doesn’t come up. “We acquired info that Deshmukh was hospitalised at the moment in Nagpur. The allegation (by Singh) pertains to precisely the identical interval when he was in hospital. There is a hospital certificates,” Pawar stated.
- “Deshmukh was admitted to a Nagpur hospital between February 5 and February 15 after testing constructive for COVID-19 and was being analysed from February 15 to 27,” Pawar stated and skim out a certificates from the hospital on this regard. All (state) authorities data additionally say that for all the three weeks, he (Deshmukh) was not in Bombay (Mumbai). He was in Nagpur, which is his residence city. Thats why in such a scenario, the query (of looking for resignation) doesn’t come up, Pawar stated.
- Countering Pawar, BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis claimed that Deshmukh held a “press convention” on February 15 which contradicted Pawar’s assertion that he was hospitalized then. Deshmukh, nonetheless, stated it was solely a short interplay with the media when he was stepping out of hospital.
- Singh has alleged that Deshmukh had known as police officer Sachin Waze round mid-February at his official residence and requested him to assist with accumulating funds from bars and eating places.
- Waze is presently within the custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which is probing the restoration of the car containing gelatin sticks and a risk letter which was discovered parked close to industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia in Mumbai final month.
READ MORE: Param Bir Singh strikes SC for ‘unbiased’ probe into fees towards Deshmukh