The counting of votes for polls to 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayat, and 231 taluka panchayat in Gujarat is being held on Tuesday.
The polling, which witnessed a three-way contest between BJP, Congress and AAP, occurred on Sunday with municipalities recording a voter turnout of 58.82%, whereas the determine was 65.80 for the district panchayats and 66.60% for taluka panchayats.
The ultimate figures have been launched on Monday by the State Election Commission.
Voting was held for 8,235 out of 8,474 seats as candidates have been elected unopposed on 237 seats and no varieties have been submitted in two, SEC officers had knowledgeable.
For the 8,235 seats, the BJP fielded 8,161 candidates, Congress 7,778, Aam Aadmi Party 2,090, amongst others, the SEC stated.
Here are the dwell updates:
- According to the newest growth, out of 231 taluka panchayats, the BJP is main in 73, Congress in 11 and others in 3. Out of 31 district panchayats, the BJP main in 28. In 81 municipalities, the BJP main in 60, Congress in 6 and others in 1.
- In Junagadh, ballot results of 9 out of 158 seats have been declared. Congress is within the driver’s seat with victory in 5 seats whereas the BJP and the AAP have bagged 2 seats every.
- In different areas, the BJP has emerged victorious in Ganjisar seat of Santalpur taluka panchayat, Ward No.1 of Bardoli Nagarpalika, Ward No.1 of Amod Nagarpalika and Botad Nagarpalika.
- With counting of votes is underway in Gujarat local our bodies elections, the BJP is main in each Unjha nagarpalika and Kutch tehsil whereas the AAP has gained the Jamnagar panchayat tehsil.
- AAP is forward in some district panchayat seats in Bhavnagar and Amreli.
- Revolution which began in city Gujarat, continues within the rural polls: AAP
- BJP makes early features as counting started at this time. The BJP took an early lead in municipalities, district panchayats and taluka panchayats results.