Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday thanked Gujarat after BJP registered a large victory within the municipal company election. Taking to Twitter, PM Modi mentioned outcomes clearly present unwavering religion folks have in the direction of politics of growth and good governance.
“Today’s win throughout Gujarat may be very particular. For a celebration that’s serving in a state for over twenty years to report such an outstanding win is noteworthy. It is heartening to see widespread help from all sections of society, significantly the youth of Gujarat in the direction of BJP. I want to respect the efforts of each Karyakarta of @BJP4Gujarat, who reached out to folks and elaborated on our Party’s imaginative and prescient for the state. The Gujarat authorities’s pro-people insurance policies have positively impacted your complete state. Thank you, Gujarat!” PM Modi tweeted.
“Results of municipal elections throughout the state clearly present the unwavering religion folks have in the direction of politics of growth and good governance. Grateful to the folks of the state for trusting BJP but once more. Always an honour to serve Gujarat,” PM Modi mentioned in a sequence of tweets.
Gujarat Municipal Election Result | Top Points
- The BJP on Tuesday appeared on course to retain energy in six municipal companies, successful 409 of the 474 seats the place outcomes had been declared until night.
- The BJP has captured 66 seats out of the overall 76 of the VMC, the remainder going to the opposition Congress.
- In Rajkot, the BJP has captured 68 seats out of the overall 72 seats of the RMC, the remainder 4 seats gained by Congress.
- In Jamnagar, the BJP has captured 50 seats out of the overall 64 of the JMC, whereas the opposition Congress gained 11 seats and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) took three seats, opening their account in Gujarat.
- In Bhavnagar, the BJP has captured 44 seats out of the overall 52 of the BMC, the remainder going to the opposition Congress.
- A complete of 192 seats in Ahmedabad, 72 in Rajkot, 64 in Jamnagar, 52 in Bhavnagar, 76 in Vadodara and 120 in Surat had been up for grabs within the elections.
- Following the poor efficiency of the Congress, a sequence of metropolis get together chiefs resigned on Tuesday.
- Ashok Dangar, Rajkot Congress president tendered his resignation. Similarly, Babu Rayka, Surat Congress president and Prakash Vaghani, Bhavnagar Congress president, additionally submitted their resignations.
- Polling for 576 seats in Ahmedabad and 5 different civic companies was held on February 21. The counting of votes started on Tuesday morning and continues to be underway.
- While Congress has gained 43 of the declared seats to date, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), a brand new entrant in these elections, made spectacular inroads by successful 18 seats to date.
ALSO READ | ‘You’ve performed in my lap…’: Nitish Kumar’s response to Tejashwi’s dig throughout Bihar meeting debate
- The AAP had fielded 470 candidates throughout the six companies.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel expressed gratitude to the voters and BJP staff for the outcomes.
- “The grand victory of the BJP in these elections is the victory of the folks of Gujarat. This is a grand victory of the politics of growth of Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” Rupani mentioned.
- “The folks of Gujarat have offered a topic to political analysts who can now research how the idea of anti-incumbency doesn’t apply within the state,” he mentioned.
- “Many thanks and congratulations to all of the successful candidates, BJP office-bearers, staff and the voters of Gujarat for the fantastic victory of Bharatiya Janata Party within the elections,” Patel tweeted.
ALSO READ | Govt engaged on 4 fronts to maintain India wholesome: PM Modi
Latest India News