Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority
It’s nearly that point of the yr once more, when the brand new Android developer previews are pushed out to registered customers. But we could have already acquired a primary take a look at the upcoming Android 12 replace due to XDA-Developers, together with lots extra particulars.
The obvious screenshots present a lightweight beige look (probably as a result of assist for theming in Android 12) and lots of rounded widgets. It’s additionally believed that a number of privacy-related tweaks and additions are incoming too. So that obtained us questioning what Android Authority readers thought of Android 12 at this juncture.
What do you suppose of the Android 12 leaks so far?
We posted the ballot on February 10 2021, and 1,099 votes have been tallied as of writing. The outcomes present that nearly three-quarters of voters are liking what they see at this level. We can see why too, with the privateness options particularly (e.g. digital camera and mic indicators, and new privateness toggles) being fairly wise additions.
1 / 4 of polled readers expressed dissatisfaction with the obvious Android 12 leaks although, however they made up a vocal majority within the feedback. These feedback level to the potential UI design as being the chief criticism. It appears like early days for Android 12, so it’s nonetheless potential the visible model might change if the screenshots have been certainly correct.
It’s additionally potential some options may be pushed again to a later Android launch although, as we noticed with Android 11 and options like the double-tap-on-the-back gesture. Here’s hoping we nonetheless get that lacking characteristic and far more in Android 12’s steady launch.
- anmol: seems completely hideous with these curves. make certain you embrace this in your feedback. smfh
- PRSXFENG: No no no, the route of the whole lot going spherical spherical spherical is simply not nice.
- Anthorama: 74% ought to get an iphone since they simply like their design
- Hundakko: The rounded corners take it nearer to iOS and MacOS. Android will lose its uniqueness with these curves. Currently it’s like, Microsoft- Subtly Rounded, Apple- Radically Rounded, Google- Somewhere in between. But the theming and privateness options are good.
- Andrew Zuo: Looks an excessive amount of like iOS. Pass. The notification drawer already works, Google must cease altering it each launch.
- Mike S: In addition to the others, it’d positive be good to get some sort of exterior show working and extensively supported. Similar to DEX perhaps and never simply (*12*)? Like was promised within the Nexxus 4 however with HDMI.
- Drone9: Layout – Ok. Color – Wtf occurred to your coloration calibration??
That’s it for our Android 12 ballot, thanks for voting and for submitting feedback! What do you suppose of the Android 12 leaks? Let us know by way of the feedback.